Get In My Belly, Craftsies, Musings, Fasionistas, Fluffy Butt

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Perfect (free) Cloth Diaper Drying Rack

Crib recalls happen on the reg in the US.  It's understandable, but there is so much waste with each recall!  It's a little sad.  My older daughter's crib was part of one of the many recalls, and it had been sitting in our backroom to trash for quite a few months (what can I say, I'm a procrastinator!).

As we were preparing for baby number two, I was looking into buying a drying rack to dry cloth diapers on.  New baby expenses were rising higher and higher at the time for us, so I decided against buying one.  Instead, I searched my house for something that could double as a drying rack. I found the recalled crib which was stashed away in a closet with plans to throw it away... Perfect!

Repurposed crib rails as drying racks!
The side rails of the crib have been great for drying diapers!  I lean the rails long ways against a wall outside or in.  Most of the time I only need one rail, but there are times I need two.  I'm so glad I kept both! I put my rails behind my couch when I'm not using them, but you could also slide them underneath a bed.

I feel like I should confirm that I threw away the rest of the crib.  I'm not a pack rat!

No comments:

Post a Comment