Get In My Belly, Craftsies, Musings, Fasionistas, Fluffy Butt

Saturday, June 29, 2013

So... my garden might be done for the season...

This morning I woke up, stretched, and smelled the beautiful after-rain smell in the air. I opened the blinds to the window looking out in my backyard and I was greeted with this:


...hooray.  That is my garden.  Was my garden, destroyed by my awesome dog Cayenne.  Oh,... Cayenne.

Shame.  ShaAAAAAme!!!!!
So cute, yet the causer of so much destruction.

This is the third time she has done this, FYI.  The first time it was just dirt in the garden box, the second time it was just seeds, and the third time -this time- it had my two inch pea and onion plants.  My beautiful plants that I have babied for the past month and a half.  We just got a ton of rain yesterday (which is pretty rare of as of late in Colorado), so I was thinking, My garden is probably looking real good! It probably was, too.  I haven't even gone out there to clean up the mess yet.  I might just water the dirt with my tears.

"I think we just need to accept that we cant have a nice yard with a dog" Tim says.

Um...
IT'S POSSIBLE!  I really want to believe!!!

So, my goal is to find a way to dog-friendly-ize our yard. Multiple fences might be in order.  This is going to be a tough feat because I'll be working against Tim on this one since he is already convinced:
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

I suppose my first goal should be convincing Tim that we CAN have a nice yard. Okay, TWO PART GOAL.  Part one: Convince Tim we can have a nice yard. Part Two: Find a way to have a nice yard.... 

Oh geez.  Cayenne just came inside with grass hanging from her jowls.    


No comments:

Post a Comment