Get In My Belly, Craftsies, Musings, Fasionistas, Fluffy Butt

Monday, April 22, 2013

Rewedding Photos

Five years ago, my guy and I already had a three month old and we had single digits in our bank account. We knew we wanted to be married, but money just wasn't permitting it. One morning as my guy was getting ready for work, I asked, "Hey, did you want to get married today?".  An hour later we were at the courthouse sitting in front of a woman who clearly hated life.  Each of us took a turn signing our names at the bottom of the heavy paper.  "Congratulations," the despondent woman had said, "you are now husband and wife."  Such a lame beginning to the awesome life that I have now.

Recently my second sister told me she and her husband had a rewedding photo shoot.  Mmhmm.  I had no idea what it was either.  Rewedding photos are photos where you and your significant other act like it is your wedding day all over again simply for the pictures.  Photographers will do this so that they can build their portfolio with wedding photos without having to deal with Bridezilla, or they will do a schedule rewedding shoot for people who never had the chance to have wedding pictures (me! ME!).  I absolutely love this idea!

My sister was able to fit into her wedding dress from years ago (amazing!), but since I don't have one I could just buy one on Craigslist or rent one.  Her husband simply wore khakis and a white shirt with suspenders.  They had a Bohemian themed rewedding.
 The photographer actually made this head piece for the photo shoot.  It's fake flowers purchased from a craft store.  I found a cool DIY for floral headpieces here.

I'm not positive what the decor is, but it looks easy to replicate.  I think they used maybe jute string strung from two different places, and then tied ribbon or scrap cloths to the string.
The bouquet was done from fake flowers as well, and it looks so pretty! I found a tutorial for a wedding bouquet (it is with real flowers) here.

I think my husband and I could definitely pull this one off.  Little to no planning and doesn't have to be a huge hoopla, yet I can still share our pictures with everyone!  This idea seems much more attainable than planning an entire wedding even though we are already married (though I wouldn't mind planning a fancy party for all of our friends to hang out!).

Photo credit: Julie Wilmes Photography

-Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment